4/20/2015

What is my NYC address? - Yes is more complicated that you think !




I have so many troubles with my NYC address below some information hot to avoid problems with addressing in USA.









The best option is when you move to the new building to find old letter and just copy address with your name. But it's not always possible, so how to address stuff in NYC

First line : Firs Name, Last Name
Second Line : Building number, street name or number, apartment number
Third line: City, Zip Code 

My problem focused on second and third line, because you cant but street name before building number USPS will reject your letter with notice "undelivered as addressed" .
My second biggest problem was the City. I live in Brooklyn BUT Brooklyn is separate city, its not New York.

Even if your zip code is correct USPS will take your letter to New York (Manhattan) and try to delivery to the address in Manhattan. 

Below two examples 

John Doe 
123, 82nd Street, APT 234
Brooklyn 11207

John Doe 
2, Park Avenue, #2
New York 11107

Good luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment